The Trash-Sea Mermaid is in ViBe Park this weekend
Stop by and meet Lori and Katelyn. See their wonderful sea glass collection – from bracelets and pendants to forks and spoons.
This week’s spectacular lineup –
and THREE brand new artists:
and all the way from The Shenandoah Valley –FireworkVa
This is everything you would expect from a 4th of July weekend. Here are some simple tips to follow to help keep your celebration ocean-friendly this year!
1. If you celebrate with fireworks, be sure to pick up the leftover pieces. Many fireworks contain plastic parts and they can become litter and find their way to the ocean.
2. If you must celebrate with balloons, fill them with air not helium or make sure they are weighted down so they can’t get away. Released balloons become litter and are very dangerous to marine animals, wildlife and livestock. There are many balloon alternatives available for decorations: streamers, pinwheels, flags and lights to name a few.
3. Skip the single-use plastics. If you don’t have enough reusable plates, cups and cutlery to go around, ask your guests to bring their own or head over to the thrift store and pick up a set just for parties that you can keep around for the future.
4. Heading to the beach? Bring a reusable bag and pick up some trash while you are there. Every little bit counts and its a good way to work off those veggie burgers and chips you just ate!
5. Buy local. Check out the Old Beach Farmers Market for fresh veggies, meat, bread and desserts for your guests. Or check out some of the many locally owned farm stands and bakeries in our area and support a local farmer, baker, producer.
Please share our Facebook event –
See you Saturday.
Old Beach Art and Eco Market
18th and Cypress in ViBe Park
Virginia Beach, VA 23451
You can reach Mary Ann at